Bargaining Update – Tentative Agreement voted down by Members and Next Steps
On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, a vote was held on the Tentative Agreement negotiated by the IPCA Bargaining team and Administration. The Tentative Agreement failed to pass with 80% of the membership voting No and 20% voting Yes. The results of the vote are as follows:
Total votes cast: 305
Yes votes: 60
No votes: 243
Spoiled ballots: 2
Because the membership voted down the tentative agreement, it is likely we will start the new school year without a contract because our current contract expires on June 30, 2018. Until a new tentative agreement is ratified by the membership, there will be no pay increases and everyone will remain at their current 2017-18 rate of pay.
The IPCA Executive Committee is planning the next steps and will update the general membership when more details are available.
Thank you to all who voted on the proposed Tentative Agreement.
The Tentative Agreement is available by clicking IPCA Tentative Agreement May 2018.
Examples of how the salary schedule works click on the links below.
- Regular Educ Assistant Salary Schedule Examples
- Self-Contained Assistant Salary Schedule Examples
- Secretary Salary Schedule Examples
Q & A and Vote on Tentative Agreement was held on Wednesday, May 30, 2018, at Prairie Children Preschool from 3:20 pm to 5:30 pm.
IPCA Bargaining Team Members are:
- Sue Hall, Teacher Assistant (Kendall Elementary School)
- Helen Keene, 12 Month Secretary (May Watts Elementary School)
- Laura Mason, Dean’s Assistant (Neuqua Valley High School)
- Lisa Ramos, Teacher Assistant (Welch Elementary School)
- Jessye Skorich, 10 Month Secretary (Waubonsie Valley High School)
- Kathy Thonn, Teacher Assistant (Fischer Middle School)
Illinois Education Staff (IEA) –
Mark Sharrard, UniServ Director – Mark.Sharrard@ieanea.org 630-369-1555
Linda Roberts, Associate Staff – Linda.Roberts@ieanea.org 630-369-1555