Bargaining Update – September 14, 2018
The Bargaining team met on September 11 to review the survey results and develop a plan for resuming negotiations with the District. We have tentatively scheduled September 25 and 26 to meet and bargain with the administration. We again want to thank all the members who completed the bargaining survey. We received feedback from 326 members working in every school and worksite in the district. For a summary of the survey highlights, please click here: IPCA Bargaining Survey Results Summary. If you have additional feedback or input, please contact any member of the bargaining team listed below.
IPCA Bargaining Team Members are:
- Sue Hall, Teacher Assistant (Kendall Elementary School)
- Helen Keene, 12 Month Secretary (May Watts Elementary School)
- Laura Mason, Dean’s Assistant (Neuqua Valley High School)
- Lisa Ramos, Teacher Assistant (Welch Elementary School)
- Jessye Skorich, 10 Month Secretary (Waubonsie Valley High School)
- Kathy Thonn, Teacher Assistant (Fischer Middle School)
Our existing contract expired on June 30, 2018. As a result, employees started the 2018-19 school year at the same rate of pay as the 2017-18 school year. The pay and benefits will be changed once a new tentative agreement has been reached and approved by the general membership. The Bargaining team’s goal is to resume negotiations with the district for a new tentative agreement based on the members’ feedback as soon as possible.
Tentative Agreement failed to pass
On May 30, 2018, a general membership vote was held on the Tentative Agreement negotiated by the IPCA Bargaining team and Administration. The Tentative Agreement failed to pass. A copy of the failed proposal is available below.
Examples of how the salary schedule works click on the links below.
- Regular Educ Assistant Salary Schedule Examples
- Self-Contained Assistant Salary Schedule Examples
- Secretary Salary Schedule Examples
Illinois Education Staff (IEA) –
Mark Sharrard, UniServ Director – Mark.Sharrard@ieanea.org 630-369-1555
Linda Roberts, Associate Staff – Linda.Roberts@ieanea.org 630-369-1555